April Fool’s Day Recipe For Kids
If you’re looking to earn fun mom points on April Fool’s Day here’s a great April Fool’s Day recipe for kids that is sure to be memorable! But this seemingly chicken pot pie recipe isn’t as it appears. Oh no, your kids won’t find chunks of chicken or sweet green peas on their fork. Instead, they’ll be dishing in banana pudding, bananas, and jolly ranchers! The complete recipe for April Fool’s Day silliness at your house is listed below.
And why participate in April Fool’s Day? Well, I don’t always get around to it at my house. But my dear friend Jo at Lasting Thumbprints talks a lot about having family fun and making memories every day. I thought this April Fool’s Day recipe would certainly make a lasting impression! (And if you’re interested in more family fun Jo has a free easy family activities pack for the entire year that I love.)
April Fool’s Day Pot Pie Recipe
— 1 pkg. Vanilla Pudding
— 1 pkg. Graham Ready Mini Pie Crust
— Fruit Chews, orange and green
April Fool’s Day Recipe Directions
1. Prepare pudding according to package directions.
2. Cut bananas into small pieces to be used as the “chicken.”
3. Cut the fruit chews into small pieces. Roll the green pieces into small balls for the “peas” and form the orange pieces into small squares for the “carrots.”
4. Spoon the pudding into the pie shells until almost full and add on some of each of the “veggies” and “chicken.”
5. Put a little bit more pudding on top to make it look mixed in well.
6. All ready to fool your friends and family!
And there you have it, a fun spin on April Fool’s Day wackiness that even a large family mom like myself could pull off. You don’t have to save this recipe just for April Fool’s Day. The kids would most likely enjoy making this silly treat for their friends and even birthday party fun! Let me know if you try this April Fool’s Day recipe for kids and how your family likes it in the comments below!