A frugal option for the many people in your life that you want to give a gift but don’t want to spend a ton of money.
- 1 quart (32 ounce) jar with lid
- Printable label/gift tag
- 1 cup dried kidney beans
- 1 cup dried white beans
- 1 cup dried black beans
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- 1 cup dried split peas
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅓ cup beef granules, optional for vegetarians
To make the soup, you will also need:
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 quarts water or beef stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
To avoid the sifting of seasonings through the beans, layer the seasonings in the bottom of the jar first.
Then, add layers of the beans to create the look you desire.
Place the bay leaf on top.
Seal and attach gift tag.