If your family enjoys Chinese food then you’ll love this homecooked treat! These Chicken & Vegetable Baked Egg Rolls are delightful for the whole family. This is a large family recipe that makes about 60 egg rolls.
- 2 8-oz cans water chestnuts
- 2 14-oz cans bean sprouts
- 8 cups shredded carrots (I cheated and brought to “matchstick “bags of carrots to save myself a few minutes)
- 4 cups chopped celery
- 4 cups chopped green onions
- 4 tbsp minced garlic
- 6 cups precooked shredded chicken
- 5 tbsp cornstarch
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 5 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp ginger paste (or powder)
- 5 tbs water
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Egg Roll Wrappers (60 total – I was able to include these with my Walmart grocery order)
- In a large pot or dutch oven combine 2 cans water chestnuts, 2 cans bean sprouts, 8 cups shredded carrots, 4 cups chopped celery, 4 cups chopped green onions, and 4 tbs minced garlic. Cook until above-listed ingredients are softened, then mix in precooked shredded chicken.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together 5 tbsp cornstarch, 5 tbsp soy sauce, 5 tbsp Sesame oil, 2 tbsp ginger paste (or powder), 5 tbsp water, and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Once step 2 is completely mixed add to chicken and vegetable pot, bring to gentle boil and stirring often.
- Fill each egg roll wrapper with about 2 tablespoons of the completed chicken and vegetable mixture. Wrap gently and place on non-stick sprayed baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees. Bake egg rolls for 15 to 20 minutes, until brown and crispy.
FREEZER MEAL DIRECTIONS
- Fill gallon freezer bag with baked egg rolls. Mark date on freezer bag.
- To reheat just place the desired amount of frozen egg rolls on a microwave-safe plate and warm until heated. Or place frozen egg rolls on baking pan and place in oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.