Feed a herd of hungry people with this favorite Baked Ziti Freezer Meal recipe! Add your favorite sides and make it work for you.
HOMEMADE MEAT SAUCE
- 105 oz of Hunts Tomato Sauce
- 2 oz of Garlic Powder
- 2 oz of Ground Oregano
- 2 lbs of Cooked Ground Beef
HOMEMADE CHEESE SAUCE
- 2-32 oz Ricotta Cheese Tubs
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 – 16 oz boxes of Ziti Noodles
- 8 cups of preferred shredded cheese (Mozzarella, Colby blend, or cheese of your choice)
FOR THE HOMEMADE MEAT SAUCE
- Precook and drain 2 lbs of ground beef.
- Combine 2 lbs of ground beef with large 105 oz can of plain tomato sauce in a large stock pot.
- Add in 2 oz of garlic powder and 2 oz of ground oregano.
- Stir well.
FOR HOMEMADE CHEESE SAUCE
- In large mixing bowl combined 2-32 oz tubs of Ricotta Cheese, 6 eggs, and 1 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix well with hand mixer.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package.
- After draining noodles rinse with cool water to prevent further cooking.
CONSTRUCTING BAKED ZITI FREEZER MEALS
- Set out 4 to 5 9×13 baking pans.
- In large stock pot or huge mixing bowl gently stir together precooked homemade meat sauce, homemade cheese sauce, and 4 lbs of cooked noodles.
- Fill each 9×13 baking pan approximately 3/4 full of baked ziti mixture.
- Top each 9×13 pan with two additional cups of shredded cheese.
FREEZER MEAL DIRECTIONS
- Allow your meals to cool completely before placing in the freezer.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with two layers of foil.
- Label the top of each pan with recipe name and date.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with a layer of plastic wrap.
- Set each pan to freeze in the freezer. Do not stack the pans on top of one another until each pan is individually frozen.
THAWED COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Set the desired pans of Baked Ziti out in the refrigerator the evening before you’d like to serve.
- Preheat your oven to 375 (oven times may vary).
- Remove plastic wrap and one layer of foil.
- Place Baked Ziti in preheated oven for 1 hour or until bubbly and hot. Remove last layer of foil and allow to cook for 10 additional minutes.
- Allow your hot Baked Zitis to slightly cool on counter for 5-10 minutes before serving.
FROZEN COOKING DIRECTIONS
- If cooking your Baked Ziti from completely frozen (this happens in real life :), remove plastic wrap and one layer of foil and place frozen Baked Ziti in preheated oven at 400 (oven temps may vary). Cook for up to 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until hot and bubbly. Remove last layer of foil and cook uncovered an additional 10 minutes as needed.
- Serving Size: 48
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 169
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Unsaturated Fat: 4
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Protein: 16
- Cholesterol: 62