Savor the taste of your favorite fajita in a pasta dish when making the Big Family Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole. It has the perfect blend of chicken, cheese, pasta, and more, making it the ideal dish for the entire family.
- 10 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onion, diced
- 3 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 (1 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 2 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes rotini pasta
- 4 cups shredded fiesta blend cheese, divided
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two (9×13) casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Fill a large stock pot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in the pasta and return to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain well.
In a large (12 inch) skillet over medium heat, add the oil and the onions and green peppers. Cook until crisp-tender. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Stir in the salsa.
Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, add the taco seasoning, 1 cup of cheese, chicken, and black beans. Add the sauce and noodles. Stir to combine.
Divide between casserole dishes. Top with remaining cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the edges are bubbling.
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro.
Keywords: Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole