Serve a low-carb, family-friendly meal with this homemade Big Family Low Carb Chicken and Swiss Casserole with Broccoli. It’s meaty, cheesy, and full of healthy ingredients that taste amazing.
- 10 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed or shredded
- 2 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 eggs
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups shredded swiss cheese, divided
- 2 (12 ounce) package broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, optional
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a saucepan or small skillet over medium-high heat, saute the onions in oil until softened, about 5 minutes.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, eggs, heavy cream, and seasonings until the eggs and cream cheese are well blended. Stir in the chicken, 1 cup of swiss cheese, and the broccoli.
Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dishes.
Top the casserole with the remaining cheese and the sliced almonds.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the eggs are completely set in the middle.
Allow the casserole to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: Big Family Low Carb Chicken and Swiss Casserole with Broccoli