Mushrooms, Peas, and Chicken Dinner
When you want to feed your large family a healthy meal, it makes sense to make a meal like this Big Family Mushrooms, Peas, and Chicken Dinner. It is a simple meal that does not require too much effort in the kitchen. You can let the chicken cook with the vegetables and other ingredients for hours in the slow cooker while you relax and take care of other things around the house. When added to the slow cooker, you can have this meal ready for your loved ones within a maximum of six hours.
Ingredients Needed for the Mushrooms, Peas, and Chicken Dinner
You will only need a handful of ingredients to prepare the Big Family Mushrooms, Peas, and Chicken Dinner, including:
- Chicken Breasts. Grab at least eight boneless, skinless chicken breasts to add to your slow cooker.
- Onion. Slice two large onions into small pieces.
- Onion Soup Mix. Add two packets of the onion soup mix to your slow cooker for additional flavor.
- Water. Pour two cups of water over the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Sliced Mushrooms. Slice your mushrooms into pieces or grab a package of sliced mushrooms.
- Peas. Use a bag of frozen peas to toss in with the chicken.
The only other ingredient needed is minced garlic. If you do not have minced garlic, you can use garlic powder as a substitute for it.
What to Serve With the Mushrooms, Peas, and Chicken Dinner
You can eat this dish by itself or serve it with a few sides. It tastes great when poured over brown rice in the instant pot. If you do not eat rice, consider preparing homemade mashed potatoes or garlic smashed red potatoes to eat on the side. You can even add a bit of the broth from your slow cooker to the mashed potatoes to give them more flavor.
Which Mushrooms Can I Add to the Slow Cooker?
You can use any sliced mushrooms that you prefer. Some of the different options that will taste good with the chicken and peas include button mushrooms, cremini mushrooms, and baby bella mushrooms. Use what you like and can easily find at the grocery store!
Can I Add Other Veggies to the Slow Cooker?
You can add other veggies to the slow cooker when preparing the Mushroom, Peas, and Chicken Dinner, but make sure they are frozen. For example, you might want to add a bag of frozen mixed veggies consisting of chopped carrots, peas, and corn.
How to Freeze the Mushrooms, Peas, and Chicken Dinner
Put the ingredients for the slow cooker in an airtight container or freezer bag and seal it shut. You can freeze the meal ingredients for a maximum of three months. Be sure to thaw the ingredients in the fridge overnight before adding them to your slow cooker and preparing them to make this delicious, healthy meal for your family.
Here are More Slow Cooker Meals Your Family will Enjoy!
- Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice
- Slow Cooker Engagement Chicken with White Wine Gravy
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef with Cabbage and Vegetables
- Slow Cooker Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Slow Cooker Turkey Meatball Stroganoff
Do you have more slow cooker recipes?
Slow cooker meals like this Chicken, Mushroom, and Peas recipe are so easy. Most of them are dump-and-go recipes that you spend ten minutes preparing and a few hours later dinners ready. Yay for convenience! You’ll find lots more easy slow cooker meals in my Large Family Slow Cooker Dinners and Meal Plans Vol 1, 2, 3 Bundle. It includes 60 meals and 12 weeks of meal plans!