These Christmas candy cane mice could not be easier! Even some of your smallest helpers will be able to put together these sweet mice on their own – and all with craft supplies you probably already have lying around the house.
Christmas Candy Cane Mice
- 5 Candy Canes
- 7-8 Pieces of Felt, assorted colors
- 10 Small Googly Eyes
- 5 Small Black Poms
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut 5 tear-drop shaped pieces from different colors of felt. I made mine about 4 inches long and about 2 inches at the widest part.
2. Cut 5 ovals about 3 inches long from different colors felt.
3. Fold the tear-drop pieces in half lengthwise, and cut 2 slits about a ¼ inch into the folded edge close to the top of the rounded end. Unfold it.
4. Now take the tear-drop pieces, and fold the pointed end under about 1 inch. Cut 2 slits about ½ inch in the center of the folded edge. Unfold it.
5. Take an oval piece and push it halfway through the slits near the pointed end of each tear-drop piece. These are the ears of each mouse.
6. Glue 2 googly eyes and a pom on each pointed end of the tear-drop pieces of felt.
7. Stick a candy cane through the slits on the rounded end of each tear-drop piece. Glue the face end of each mouse down to the candy canes.
What a fun holiday craft to pass out at school or hang on the tree! To make this craft even safer for little hands, you can use Elmer’s glue instead of a hot glue gun. Just make sure and set it somewhere high from tiny people until dry.
Have you started making holiday crafts yet?