This frugal yet hearty recipe is super easy to mix up in the crockpot while you go about your day.
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 26 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 4 lbs precooked shredded chicken
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TBSP parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 52 oz of broccoli (hold for end and thaw if frozen)
- Spray crockpot. Mix all ingredients except broccoli
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours
- About 30 mins before cooking time ends, throw in bag of broccoli and 2 cups additional cheese if desired.
- Unplug, relid and let sit for about an hour or until cheese is melted.
Keywords: chicken, rice, casserole, crockpot