The Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole Crockpot recipe is a lifesaver for busy days. Just toss the ingredients in the crockpot, let it cook on low for a few hours, and voila – a delicious and easy dinner is ready to enjoy!
Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole Crockpot Recipe
This is such an easy casserole to make in the crockpot with chicken, broccoli, and rice. It combines mouthwatering moist chicken and flavorful broccoli, covered with creamy cheese making it a delicious comfort food that is sure to become a favorite crockpot recipe.
How to Make Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice Casserole in a Crockpot
This slow cooker creamy chicken and broccoli casserole can be made in many different ways. These are the steps I followed so you can make it too. Be sure to check my tips below to see all the other options you might want to use to make this casserole.
1. Spray your crockpot with non-stick spray for easy cleanup or use disposable crockpot liners.
2. Cook the chicken on high for a few hours then use the liquid for my 2 cups of chicken broth. Otherwise, you can add two cups of chicken broth to already cooked chicken.
3. Add to the chicken all the rest of the ingredients except the broccoli and cheese.
4. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
5. In the last hour of cooking, add in the broccoli and two cups of shredded cheddar cheese. You can add extra cheese if you like.
6. Replace the lid, unplug the crockpot, and let it sit for an hour. The cheese will melt and the broccoli will heat through and be perfectly crips and delicious.
Ingredients for Crockpot Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
Here are all the ingredients you need to make this slow cooker chicken broccoli rice casserole. Of course, you can always substitute for what you have on hand to save a bit on the grocery bill. It’s sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 cups uncooked brown rice, white rice, or long grain rice
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth or chicken stock
- 26 oz can of cream of chicken soup (you can substitute cream of mushroom soup in a pinch)
- 4 lbs precooked shredded juicy chicken
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TBSP parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 52 oz of frozen broccoli florets or fresh vegetables
Tips for Making Rice with Chicken and Broccoli in a Crockpot
This easy crockpot chicken and rice is a great recipe, but you can improve it with these easy tips.
1. Make your own cream of chicken soup with my homemade recipe or substitute with 2 cups of sour cream and a little bit of butter.
2. Try sprinkling a bit of parmesan cheese on top in the last few minutes.
3. Do not substitute minute rice as it will not work as well.
4. Try adding a tablespoon of Dijon mustard for a unique flavor kick.
5. Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
6. I like to batch-cook chicken and keep it ready in the freezer. Then it’s ready to go for these easy meals.
7. You can make this in the Instant Pot with my Chicken, Broccoli, Cheese, and Rice Instant Pot Casserole.
8. Add a side dish like fresh fruit or salad.
9. Be sure to add this family dinner to your slow cooker meals list so you can make it on repeat.
This cheesy broccoli and tender chicken and rice recipe is delicious on its own, or you can add a side or dessert. An easy way to stretch a meal for a large family or unexpected company is to add a side, bread, or dessert. Try adding one of these delicious recipes.
- Easy Bread Machine Bread Sticks -These bread machine bread sticks are soft and buttery and easy to make.
- Carrot Cake Muffins – Sweet and good for you, these Carrot Cake muffins are so good.
- Cucumber Salad – This Cucumber Salad is a great way to sneak in some fresh veggies.
- Apple Sauce Cake – You’ll enjoy this old-fashioned cake recipe made with fresh applesauce.
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies – The perfect dessert to satisfy any sweet tooth.
To store this slow cooker cheesy chicken and broccoli casserole for the next day, allow it to cool down to room temperature after baking. Then, transfer the leftovers into an airtight container before refrigerating. This is one of the best ways to maintain its freshness and flavor for a delicious meal later on.
More Large Family Dump and Go Recipes and Freezer Meals
Here are several more dump-and-go crockpot and freezer meals the whole family will love. These are easy recipes that will keep you out of the grocery store.
- Large Family Dump and Go Crock Pot Meals – These recipes feature Ham Mac and Cheese in the slow cooker, 5 Bean Soup, and several more.
- Large Family Style Casserole Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Freezer Meal – You can make this favorite recipe as a freezer meal as well.
- Super Mega Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle Collection – Everything you need to fill your freezer with over 40 meals when you don’t have the extra time to cook.
Here’s my brand new large family dump & go Crock Pot meals video that shares all of my new large family recipes in action.Print