This hearty Vegetable Beef Soup is one of my favorite freezer meal soup recipes. Perfect for any time of year, easy to freeze, and quick to reheat – it’s sure to please!
- 4 lbs lean ground beef cooked with cooked with one diced onion and 5 diced celery stalks
- 80 oz frozen Peas, Carrots, Corn (I buy Birds Eye Mixed Vegetables, 5 lb bag at Walmart)
- 4 29-oz cans of Crushed tomatoes
- 6 qts broth (I used chicken broth because it’s what I had on hand, but you can also use beef)
- 1 tbs dill weed
- Salt/Pepper per taste preference
- In large pan cook 4 lbs of lean ground beef with one diced onion and 5 diced celery stalks until fully cooked. Crumble and drain.
- In large stock pot combined 4 lbs of cooked, crumbled, and drained ground beef, 6 quarts broth, 4 29-oz cans of crushed tomatoes, 1 tbs dill weed, and 80 oz bag on frozen peas, corn, carrots. Simmer on medium heat stirring gently as needed.
Freezer Meal Soup Directions
- Once soup is safely cooled scoop into freezer safe soup containers. Leave room for soup to expand during freezing. Here is my Amazon affiliate link for the freezer soup containers I used this go round.
- Store soup for up to 3-months in the freezer.
- For use just set out into the refrigerator the night before or morning before needed. Reheat the soup in the microwave or on the stove top when needed. I’ve even reheated my freezer meal soup recipes in the slow cooker on low heat for up to two hours.
- Serve as a full meal or with green salad and sandwich!