Your family will love having this savory Quinoa Tortellini Sausage freezer meal soup in your stocked freezer! It’s perfect for a family meal or individual portions.
- 4 lbs cooked and crumbled Pork sausage (cooked with 5 diced green onions, 4 cups of shredded carrots, and 2 minced garlic cloves)
- Cheese tortellini (4 lbs)
- 2 cups dry (and cooked) Quinoa
- 128 oz Beef Broth
- 1 29-oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 102 oz can Green Beans
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 29-oz can of Tomato Sauce
- Cook 4 lbs of pork sausage with 5 diced green onions, 4 cups of shredded carrots, and 2 minced garlic cloves until fully cooked. Drain was fully cooked.
- Cook 2 cups dry Quinoa in a small pot per package directions.
- In a large stock pot combined tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, green beans, crushed tomatoes, and beef broth. Cook on medium heat, stirring gently as needed.
- Add in pork sausage and quinoa once those are fully cooked per above directions.
- Continue to cook the entire stock pot of soup for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add in up to 4 lbs of cheese tortellini. (I found mine in the freezer section at Walmart.)
- Cook entire stock pot another 7 to 10 minutes until tortellini are cooked through.
Freezer Meal Soup Directions
- Once soup is safely cooled scoop into freezer safe soup containers. Leave room for soup to expand during freezing.
- Store soup for up to 3-months in the freezer.
- For use just set out into the refrigerator the night before or morning before needed. Reheat the soup in the microwave or on the stove top when needed.
- Serve as a full meal or with green salad and sandwich!