Make ahead big batched of no-bake homemade protein bites for healthy family snacks! These energy balls are freezer friendly and easily adaptable.
Here are the base recipe ingredients you’ll need to add to every batch. This homemade protein bites recipe makes approx. two dozen energy balls. I multiply this recipe by six or 8 plus add in additional recipe ingredients below when I want to make a bunch of twelve dozen or more!
- 2 cups of Peanut Butter
- 1 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup of Milled Flax
- 1/4 cup of Honey
Here are recipe combination ideas. Use the above base ingredients plus add in the following:
- For Cocoa Chocolate Bites add in 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- For Cranberry Raisin Chocolate Chip Protein Bites add in 1/2 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- For Coconut Walnut Energy Bites add in 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes, 1/2 cup of walnut pieces.
- For Chocolate Chip Raisin add in 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup raisins.
- For Cranberry Coconut add in 1 cup dried cranberries and 1/4 cups shredded coconut flakes.
- For Coconut Chocolate Chip add in 1 cup chocolate chips and 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes.
Mix the various flavors you choose in separate bowls. Chill mixes for 30 minutes to an hour. Roll mixture into small balls. Additionally, roll some protein bites into shredded coconut if you’d like. Flash freeze protein bites in the freezer for at least two hours. Once frozen divided into multiple freezer bags. Label and store up to three months. When you’d like to add homemade protein bites to your snack options just set a frozen bag out into the refrigerator the night before to thaw.