Here’s a healthy low carb (sugar free & gluten free, too!) large family recipe for your Instant Pot! Serve it over zucchini noodles or mircle noodles to keep it on the low carb side of life. Or serve it over egg noodles or steamed rice if that’s more your thing.
- 3 pounds chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ tablespoon Italian seasoning blend (oregano, basil, thyme)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces (½ package) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Mix together dry seasonings and toss together with the chicken.
Set the pressure cooker to “saute” until hot. In small batches, brown the chicken in olive oil. Set aside and keep warm.
When all of the chicken is browned, deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by adding the chicken broth and scraping the bottom with a wooden spoon.
Return the chicken to the electric pressure cooker and stir in the garlic.
Close and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to manual or pressure cook for 3 minutes. After the cycle, perform a quick release.
Stir in the remaining ingredients until the cheese has melted.
Serve over cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. Garnish with black pepper, additional parmesan and/or fresh basil if desired.
For the slow cooker:
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken on all sides before adding to the slow cooker.
- Prepare the slow cooker crock with non-stick cooking spray. Add the chicken.
- Reduce the chicken broth to ½ cup. Pour over chicken and dot with butter and cream cheese. Cover with parmesan.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Stir in heavy whipping cream prior to serving.