Lately, I have been making a lot of recipes in the Instant Pot. At the end of the day, the Instant Pot saves a lot of time, energy, and effort. Instant Pot Mandarin Orange Chicken is so good that my family will ask for it every single week. I oblige because chicken is easy to make and we love Mandarin Orange Chicken around here.
*Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Instant Pot Mandarin Orange Chicken
When it comes to making food in your Instant Pot, you just really need to pay attention to the directions. The instructions for any recipe will help you tremendously. You can enjoy this chicken over rice or noodles, whatever you decide. One thing is for sure, you will save your family a lot of money by making this dairy-free dinner at home for your family.
Ingredients for Mandarin Orange Chicken
You may be wondering what goes into this recipe. Well, that is simple! Each and every ingredient is carefully thought out, so this simply becomes the best recipe possible. Let me walk you through these ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – When I say that this is the best chicken to cook with, I mean it. You won’t believe how soft and tender this chicken can be when cooked the right way.
- Chicken stock or water – Because this recipe is so versatile, you will love using chicken stock or water in this recipe. It’s important for an Instant Pot to have liquid in it while cooking.
- Liquid aminos – If you can think of a healthier version of soy sauce, grab liquid aminos to have in your next dish!
- Cornstarch – This ingredient just helps to make sure everything is nice and thick in this chicken dish.
- Jar of mandarin oranges – Keep in mind that this chicken gets the flavor from the Mandarin oranges. Make sure you add this ingredient because it’s one of the most important.
- Sugar snap peas – These are one of my favorites to pick up at the store for veggie munching. They go great in this oriental dish, too!
Slow Cooker Option
For those of you who don’t want to use an Instant Pot or choose not to use an Instant Pot, there is a slow cooker option. I know many of you get excited about this option. Here is how to make it in the slow cooker.
- Season the chicken breast.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and brown the chicken in batches. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Mix together the garlic, brown sugar, liquid aminos, and ginger. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
- Prior to serving, stir in the sugar snap peas and allow the peas to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the mandarin oranges before serving.
And there you have it, the slow cooker option is always great for when you want or need to cook the dish longer. Do you like using the slow cooker option?
The next time you don’t know what to make for dinner, give this Instant Pot Mandarin Orange Chicken recipe a try. It’s about to become a family favorite!
Do you have more Instant Pot recipes?
Did you enjoy this Instant Pot Mandarin Orange Chicken? I have a ton more recipes in my shop! Check out my Large Family Delightful and Abundant 4-Week Electric Pressure Cooker Meal Plan Pack One, and the Large Family Filling and Wholesome 4-Week Electric Pressure Cooker Pack Two.Or make it easy on your budget and time and grab the DOUBLE BUNDLE that includes both Electric Pressure Cooker Packs packs one and two!
Here are more Instant Pot and Slow Cooker Recipes
- Instant Pot Greek Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Spinach and Mushroom Chicken Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie
- Beef & Potato Slow Cooker Dinner