Large Family Beef Enchilada Zucchini Boats | THM S, Low Carb, Keto, GF
This large family style Beef Enchilada Zucchini Boats recipe is THM S, Low Carb, Keto, and Gluten Free (as always for Gluten Free read the product labels especially on the taco seasoning). This healthy recipe makes two 9×13 baking dishes full. Each 9×13 dish holds about 6 zucchini halves. Serve with sour cream, salsa and guacamole on a bed of fresh greens or with fiesta corn as a side.
- 6 zucchini
- 2 pound ground chuck
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 (19 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle of the vegetable with a spoon leaving about 1/2 inch along the outside creating a “boat.” Lightly brush olive oil all over the inside of the zucchini boat and sprinkle with pepper. NOTE: If you prefer the zucchini to be soft when serving, bake the zucchini boat for 5 to 10 minutes prior to stuffing.
- In a large skillet, add the ground chuck and onion. Cook until the beef is brown and the onion is translucent soft. Drain.
- Return beef mixture to skillet and add taco seasoning plus 1 cup of the enchilada sauce. Bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchini boats pressing down as you go. Pile extra mixture on top until the boats are slightly mounded and overflowing slightly. Add the remaining enchilada sauce then top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is brown and bubbly and the zucchini is tender.
Keywords: large family recipes, zucchini, low carb, Keto, Trim Healthy Mama