Want to get a headstart on meal prepping for the family? If so, try this Large Family Chicken Parmesan Casserole for the Freezer because it is delicious!
- 2 (16 ounce) boxes rotini, cooked according to package directions
- 6 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 (28 ounce) jars marinara sauce
- 4 cups shredded Italian blend cheese, divided
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
Tip: Parmesan and mozzarella cheese can also be used as a substitute for the cheese blend.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sauce, cooked rotini, 2 cups Italian cheese blend, and chicken. Transfer to the two casserole dishes, dividing evenly, and top with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges are bubbling and the cheese has melted.
How to freeze: Cover tightly with aluminum foil and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. If using glass baking dishes, place on the counter as the oven preheats. Remove the aluminum foil. Follow the above instructions to bake.
Keywords: Large Family Chicken Parmesan Casserole