If you enjoy chicken pot pie, this Large Family Chicken Pot Pie Casserole will impress you. Instead of buying and reheating the frozen versions, make a fresh one full of flavor for the family to enjoy.
Does your family enjoy hearty chicken meals for lunch or dinner? Then you will love the Large Family Chicken Pot Pie Casserole, which tastes better than any frozen version you can find. This hearty meal consists of chicken, vegetables, and a creamy sauce that creates such a fantastic taste. The tasty casserole is easy to put together and bake for the family. If you want to make a meal that your entire large family can enjoy, try this recipe because your family will love it.
Ingredients for the Large Family Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
You will need certain ingredients to make the Large Family Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. The ingredients list includes:
- Chicken Breast. Shred your chicken breast into small pieces before you use it to make the casserole. You can make chicken in the air fryer or a whole chicken in the instant pot for this recipe.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes. Cut your potatoes down into small cubes so that they will blend well with the other ingredients.
- Frozen Mixed Vegetables. Add frozen mixed vegetables, such as peas and corn, to your casserole.
- Chicken Broth. Use the broth to create a creamy consistency for your chicken, potatoes, and vegetables. Use the broth from the whole chicken in the instant pot.
- Milk. Adding milk will make the broth thicker and enhance the flavor of your casserole.
- All-Purpose Flour. The flour thickens the broth to create a gravy-like texture and taste.
Other ingredients to add to your casserole include olive oil, diced onions, garlic powder, dried thyme leaves, salt, pepper, and all-purpose baking mix.
Storing the Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Store the casserole in your fridge after you’ve cooked it and eat it as leftovers. When keeping the casserole in the refrigerator, it will keep fresh for 3-4 days. If you want to store it, you should cover it tightly with aluminum foil or even remove it from the casserole dish and put it in a food storage container with an airtight lid to keep it as fresh as possible. Check out my favorite kitchen tools to stock your kitchen.
Helpful Tips to Know About the Large Family Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Although this is a chicken casserole dish, you can substitute the chicken for turkey or beef. If you decide to use chopped pieces of beef, consider using beef broth instead of chicken broth to create a beef pot pie. Although carrots and peas are a top choice and are typically found in pot pies, you can add any frozen vegetable mix that you like most.
Some of the different vegetables that people want to add to pot pies include chopped mushrooms, fennel, and lima beans. You can even add chopped pieces of broccoli and cauliflower to the Large Family Chicken Pot Pie Casserole if you want.
You might also try adding one of our delicious sides like Cranberry Apple Salad, Garlicky Green Beans, or Cucumber Salad. And don’t forget dessert: Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread, Red Velvet Donuts, or Turtle Pumpkin Cheesecake.
Here are more large family casseroles you will enjoy!
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Spinach and Cheese Strata
- Chicken Fajita Pasta Casserole
- Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Sausage and Pepperoni Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Sloppy Joe Casserole
Do you have more casserole recipes?
This Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is a crowd-pleaser! I have so many more casseroles that you will love in my shop. Check out my Classic Casserole Dinners & Freezer Meals Cookbook One for Now, One for Later! It includes 10 delicious, classic casserole recipes that will make two 9×13 casseroles each–one to eat right away, and one to put in your freezer for a later date. It’s an easy and quick way to build a freezer stash.