Beans and rice are great staples to have on hand for feeding large families. You can cook up a big batch of beans in no time in your electric pressure cooker.
- 4 lbs of beans
- 12 cups water
- chopped onion and green pepper
- spices to taste: cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
- Add all ingredients to the pressure cooker.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 25 minutes.
- Do Quick Release Method or Natural Release (since I was on a hike I let this batch do natural release)
- This goes great with brown rice and cornbread.