Make a cheesy chicken casserole that your family will devour with this Large Family Fiesta Chicken Casserole recipe. You will have plenty of food to go around when preparing this dish.
- 4 to 5 pounds (1 family pack) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup water
- Paprika, if desired
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix together the soup, black beans, salsa, corn, rice and water. Divide between the two casserole dishes.
Place chicken on top of the rice mixture and sprinkle with paprika, salt, and black pepper as desired.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, stirring the rice mixture around the chicken halfway through the cooking time. Check for doneness of the chicken and rice. Continue baking an additional 10 to 15 minutes if needed. (Cooking time depends on the size of the chicken breast.)
Remove from the oven, uncover, and top with cheese. Allow the casseroles to rest as the cheese melts.
Sprinkle with chopped cilantro if desired.
How to freeze: Cover tightly with aluminum foil and freeze up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. If using glass baking dishes, place on the counter as the oven preheats. Remove the aluminum foil. Follow the above instructions to bake.
Keywords: Large Family Fiesta Chicken Casserole