When you are in need of some tasty lunch recipes, this Large Family Toasted Sub Sheet Pan Sandwiches recipe is perfect. These sandwiches are great to serve for lunch or dinner!
- 2 loaves French or Italian bread, slice in half through the length
- 1 (28 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) packages sliced Black Forest ham
- 2 (16 ounce) packages sliced hard salami
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced provolone (leave this off or replace with dairy-free version for a dairy-free dish)
- ¼ cup butter, melted (replace with oil for dairy-free)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil spritzed with nonstick cooking spray.
Place the bottom half of each bread loaf on the baking sheet.
Spread a layer of marinara across the bread.
On top of the marinara, layer the meats and cheese. Top with the other half of the bread.
Mix together the seasonings.
Brush the top of the bread with butter and sprinkle with seasonings.
On top of the bread, place a second baking sheet on top of the sandwiches and press down. Place the sandwiches into the oven with the baking sheet on top. Add a cast iron skillet to the top baking sheet for added weight.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the sandwiches are heated through.
Slice the sandwiches and serve with additional marinara sauce if desired.
DAIRY FREE OPTION: Replace the provolone with a dairy-free version or leave it off altogether. Replace the butter with oil.
Keywords: Large Family Toasted Sub Sheet Pan Sandwiches