Large Family Instant Pot Beef Ribs Recipe
Make these hearty large family style Instant Pot beef ribs for your crew! Keep it low carb and sugar-free by using a sugar-free BBQ sauce such as G. Hughes brand. Serve alongside a big salad, steamed pressure cooker corn, coleslaw and more! I use my 8 qt Instant Pot for this recipe. Make even more using the 14 qt GoWise pressure cooker (I’d add another 10 minutes or so for cooking more in the larger pressure cooker if you go that route #JamerrillEyeBallingSchool ).
- 4-5 lbs of your favorite beef ribs (you can of course use pork), cutting ribs if necessary to get them comfortably into the pot.
- 16 oz bottle of sugar-free BBQ sauce (I used G. Hughes from Walmart)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of onion powder
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 cup of water
- 4 teaspoons of Xanthan Gum (natural thickener)
- In a small bowl combined garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and salt.
- Unpackage the ribs and sprinkle the above seasoning mix onto the ribs.
- Place 1 cup of water in your Instant Pot and set on Saute mode to warm up your pot.
- Place seasoned ribs on the trivet insert inside your Instant Pot.
- Pour in an entire bottle of 16 oz sugar-free BBQ sauce on top of the ribs in the pot.
- Secure the pot lid and set the steam valve to sealing.
- Cook ribs for 45 minutes on manual high.
- Once done quick release if you’d like (carefully) or wait for Instant Pot to naturally release.
- Place ribs in a large baking dish, leaving BBQ liquid in Instant Pot.
- Turn Instant Pot back on saute mode. Whisk in 4 teaspoons of Xanthan Gum. Allow sauce to cook for up to 5 minutes to thicken.
- Unplug the Instant Pot and carefully pour thickened sauce over the ribs
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Instant Pot, Low Carb, Keto