Who needs store-bought cookies when you can bake them fresh at home? These Oatmeal Raisin Cookies have the perfect texture and consistency to create the ideal cookie for oatmeal raisin lovers. This is also make ahead freezable cookie dough!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended.
Slowly add the flour, mixing after each addition and scraping down the sides as needed.
Stir in the oatmeal and raisins.
Using a medium cookie scoop, portion the cookie dough and drop on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are light brown.
Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5 to 7 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place waxed paper on a baking sheet.
- Prepare the batter as directed and scoop onto the waxed paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the cookie dough is frozen.
- Transfer to an airtight container and freeze up to 6 months.
- Follow the baking directions above! You can bake the cookies from frozen, but they will need a few more minutes added to the baking time if you chose. I like to defost the cookie dough beforehand and bake as directed.
Keywords: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, freezable cookie dough