If you have ever tasted an authentic Philly cheesesteak, you know just how good it tastes. Now you can replicate that taste with this delicious Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner recipe.
- 3 pounds sliced (stir fry style) beef steak
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, halved and cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into ½ inch strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 24 slices provolone cheese
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
Position the top oven rack about 4 inches from the broiler and set the oven to broil.
Line two large, rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil and spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine the dry seasonings. Divide the seasonings approximately in half.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat with half of the seasoning. Toss well to evenly coat the meat with the seasoning. Spread the meat over one of the sheet pans. Place under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, tossing halfway. Remove from the oven but keep warm.
In a different bowl, combine the vegetables. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining seasoning. Toss together until evenly coated. Spread the vegetables evenly over the remaining sheet pan.
Place the vegetables under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Remove the pan from the oven and transfer the vegetables to the sheet pan with the steak. Top the vegetables with the sliced cheeses. Return the sheet pan to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Serve the philly cheesesteak alone as a low carb meal or with hoagie rolls for sandwiches.
Keywords: Large Family Sheet Pan Philly Steak & Cheese Dinner