Looking for a flavorful cajun dish that you can easily make with your slow cooker? Try this Large Family Slow Cooker Freezer Meals Cajun Style Pot Roast Recipe. It is easy, tasty, and perfect for a large family to enjoy together.
- 2 (2 to 3 pound) boneless beef chuck roasts
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- ½ teaspoon teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice or noodles, for serving (or zucchini noodles, caulirice, or other lower carb “noodle” options if that’s you’re thing 🙂
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil.
Coat the roasts on all sides with the Cajun seasoning and place one roast at a time into the skillet. Sear on all sides before transferring to a large slow cooker.
Top the roasts with tomatoes and green chillies, red bell pepper, celery, onion, garlic powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender. Serve with rice or noodles.
To freeze, place the seared roasts in an airtight container with the remaining ingredients except the rice/noodles. Freeze for up to 6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking according to above directions.
Keywords: Cajun Style Pot Roast Recipe