Save money while making a fulfilling home-cooked meal with this Large Family Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice recipe. The hearty meal is flavorful and satisfying enough to have as the main course or a side dish.
- 1 pound dried red beans, sorted and rinsed
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound ham pieces
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in half and sliced (turkey, kielbasa or andouille)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground red (cayenne) pepper
- Rice, cooked- for serving
Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until the beans are tender.
Remove the bay leaves. Serve over rice.
Keywords: Large Family Slow Cooker Red Beans and Rice