Craving a meaty dish that you can make in no time? Prepare the Large Family Swedish Meatball Casserole Dinner Recipe to impress your family with a flavorful dish.
- 2 (12 ounces) bags uncooked extra-wide egg noodles, cooked and drained according to package directions
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 (32 ounce) containers beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 (48 ounces) package frozen cooked meatballs
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the onions and cook until the onions are softened, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the flour over the onions, stirring well. Gradually stir in the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and black pepper.
Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened. Add the cream cheese and stir until melted. Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the heavy whipping cream.
In a very large bowl, combine the noodles, meatballs, and sauce.
Divide the noodle mixture between the casserole dishes. Cover the casserole dishes with aluminum foil and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Keywords: Swedish Meatball Casserole