Enjoy this lasagna freezer meal recipe that easily feeds a large family!
HOMEMADE MEAT SAUCE
- 210 oz of Hunts Tomato Sauce (these are the 105 oz cans I use)
- 4 oz of Garlic Powder
- 4 oz of Ground Oregano
- 5 lbs of Cooked Ground Beef
HOMEMADE CHEESE SAUCE
- 4-32 oz Ricotta Cheese Tubs
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese
- 2-16 oz boxes of Lasagna Noodles
- 15 cups of shredded cheese
For the Homemade Meat Sauce
- Precook and drain 5 lbs of ground beef.
- Combine 5 lbs of ground beef with two large 105 oz cans of plain tomato sauce in a large stock pot.
- Add in 4 oz of garlic powder and 4 oz of ground oregano.
- Stir well.
For Homemade Cheese Sauce
- In large mixing bowl combined 4-32 oz tubs of Ricotta Cheese, 12 eggs, and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Mix well with hand mixer.
- Cook noodles according to directions on package.
- After draining noodles rinse with cool water to prevent further cooking.
CONSTRUCTING YOUR LASAGNA FREEZER MEALS
- Set out 5 9×13 baking pans.
- Add enough homemade meat sauce to each pan to cover bottom on pan.
- Layer cooked lasagna noodles over sauce in each pan.
- Add layer of homemade cheese sauce to cover first layer of noodles in each pan.
- If available sprinkle layer with an additional 1 cups of shredded cheese (will still come out wonderful without the additional cheese if you don’t have on hand).
- Continue to repeat layers of meat sauce, noodles, and cheese sauce until you are near the top of your pan.
- Add final topping of meat sauce and 1 final cup of cheese.
FREEZER MEAL DIRECTIONS
- Allow your meals to cool completely before placing in the freezer.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with two layers of foil.
- Label the top of each pan with recipe name and date.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with a layer of plastic wrap.
- Set each pan to freeze in the freezer. Do not stack the pans on top of one another until each pan is individually frozen.
THAWED COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Set the desired pans of lasagna out in the refrigerator the evening before you’d like to serve them.
- Preheat your oven to 375 (oven times may very).
- Remove plastic wrap and one layer of foil.
- Place in preheated oven for 1 hour or until bubbly and hot. Remove layer of foil and allow to cook for 10 additional minutes.
- Allow your hot lasagnas to slightly cool on counter for 5-10 minutes before serving.
FROZEN COOKING DIRECTIONS
- If cooking your lasagna from completely frozen (this happens in real life :), remove plastic wrap and one layer of foil and place frozen lasagna in preheated oven at 400 (oven temps may very). Cook for up to 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil and cook uncovered an additional 10 minutes as needed.
- Serving Size: 48
- Calories: 350
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 315
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Unsaturated Fat: 8
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 17
- Protein: 24
- Cholesterol: 122