Enjoy stuffed chicken without the excess carbs when you make this Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. It is the kind of meal you can eat for lunch or dinner while sharing it with the kids who will enjoy the fantastic taste. Also, check out Large Family Low Carb Parmesan Chicken Casserole and Large Family Low Carb Cashew Chicken Casserole.
Chicken cordon bleu may be one of your favorite ways to prepare chicken, but you might not have enjoyed it lately because you want to avoid having carb-heavy foods. If you are focusing on lower carbs for your family, Keto recipes, feeding your large family Trim Healthy Mama (this Chicken Cordon Bleu would be an S Meal Dinner Idea), you will love this recipe!
While the traditional dish contains more carbs because of the breading added to the chicken, you can savor the flavor of this dish without the guilt of having too many carbs. The recipe consists of chunks of chicken breast, ham, and cheese to create that flavor you know and love without all the extra breading. Enjoy these low carb recipes to feed a crowd or your big family.
***Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Your Must-Have Ingredients to Make Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
As you get ready to start preparing the Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, be sure to have these ingredients to use:
- Cooked Cubed Chicken. Cut your chicken breast into cubes and cook it before adding it to the casserole dish. Try making a whole chicken in the Instant Pot and using the chicken in this recipe.
- Melted Butter. Adding melted butter to the casserole dish will naturally enhance its flavor.
- Cubed Ham. Chop pieces of ham into small cubes that you can toss in with your chicken and melted butter. Even easier? Make the ham in the instant pot, too!
- Cream Cheese. Use your favorite brand of cream cheese for this dish.
- Swiss Cheese. Another great addition to the dish, swiss cheese melts perfectly over the chicken and ham.
You should also have a few other ingredients, including ground mustard and chicken broth. If you have these seven ingredients, you can make this low carb casserole for the family in less than an hour.
Ways to Save and Store the Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
If you make the Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole days before eating it, cover the casserole dish with foil and keep it fresh in your fridge. If you leave it in the casserole dish with foil on top, you can pop it right back into the oven when you need to heat it.
However, you can only leave this dish in the fridge for a maximum of four days. If you need to store it a bit longer, remove it from the casserole dish and transfer it over to an airtight food storage container. Put the food container in the freezer and save it for up to five months.
Variations to Consider Trying When Preparing the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
Swiss cheese is commonly used to prepare chicken cordon bleu, but you do not have to use it if you do not like it. There are a few good alternatives for swiss cheese, such as cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and fontina cheese.
If you do not like cubes of ham, you can use thinly sliced pieces of ham in this casserole. When adding cream cheese to the Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole, you can use any brand and style you prefer, including whipped cream cheese. If you do not want to use cream cheese, you can replace it with sour cream.
Large Family Low Carb Meals to Feed a Crowd
If you love this Low Carb Cordon Bleu Casserole, you don’t want to miss these amazing Large Family Low Carb Meals to Feed a Crowd (Budget Friendly, too!). This post has over 65 low carb meal ideas including low carb recipes made with beef, chicken, soup, slow cooker recipes, and low carb instant pot recipes. You also might enjoy the LOW CARB Large Family Freezer Meals Pack 7 and LOW CARB Large Family Freezer Meals Pack 8 to FILL YOUR FREEZER with amazing low carb freezer meals!!
Here are more low carb recipes to try!
- Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
- Low Carb King Ranch Casserole
- Low carb peanut butter fudge
- Large Family Ham and Gruyere Crustless Quiche
- Low Carb Five Guys Cheeseburger Casserole
- Find more Low Carb, Keto recipes, and Trim Healthy Mama recipes here!