Need a quick meal that you can make ahead and freeze? Try this delicious Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole Freezer Meal recipe that will impress the family and leave them wanting more of it.
- 2 to 3 pounds ground beef
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute, like Swerve Brown Sugar,
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) packages hot dogs
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare two (9×13) casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef with onions and green peppers until the meat ir browned and crumbled. Drain well.
Stir the garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and beef broth into the beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
Slice the hot dogs and place in the bottom of the baking dishes, dividing evenly between the two. Pour the cooked beef mixture on top of the hot dogs.
Top the casserole with cheddar cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and the edges are bubbling.
Keywords: Low Carb Chili Dog Casserole Freezer Meal