When you need a hearty albeit low carb breakfast, this spinach, mushroom, & ham quiche will fit the bill.
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spritz a 9 inch baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onion and mushrooms to skillet. Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add ham and spinach to skillet and heat through.
- Transfer mixture into baking dish.
- In your large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and cheese together.
- Pour eggs over mixture in baking dish. Gently move ham and vegetables until eggs are evenly distributed. Pat quiche flat if necessary.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until eggs are completely set.
- Allow quiche to rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Keywords: ham, spinach, mushroom, breakfast, low carb