Prep for breakfast the night before with this easy and tasty overnight casserole,
- 1 loaf day old French bread, cubed
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
For pecan topping:
- 1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place french bread in baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar until combined. Pour over french bread.
- Cover casserole with aluminum foil and place in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- For the pecan topping, drop pecans over the top of the casserole. In a food processor, cut together the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter until combined. Sprinkle over casserole. Recover with aluminum foil.
- Bake the covered casserole for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 20 to 25 minutes or until the casserole is cooked through and the eggs are completely set.
- Serve with your favorite syrup, powdered sugar, and/or fresh fruit.
Keywords: pecan overnight french toast casserole