Sesame Orange Chicken | Instant Pot Recipe | Freezer Friendly
- 5 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- 1 cup marmalade
- 1 cup OJ
- 1/2 cup brags or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbs sesame seed oil
- 2 tbs minced garlic
- Place the above ingredients in your electric pressure cooker (I doubled this recipe and used both my 8 qt Instant Pot and 14 qt Go Wise electric pressure cookers).
- Set your pressure cooker to the 30 minutes on manual high. Make sure your steam valve is set to “pressure.”
- After 30 minutes make sure your chicken reaches a minimum of 165 internal temperature per food safety guidelines.
- If you’d like to thicken the orange sesame sauce remove one cup of liquid from the pressure cooker and whisk 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into the removed sauce. Add the whisked sauce back into the pressure cooker. With pressure cooker lid removed select the saute setting, while gently stirring your sauce, for 1 to 2 minutes until it reaches desired thickness. You should also be able to shred the cooked chicken breast with two forks at this time.
- Serve Sesame Orange Chicken over a hot bed of rice. Sprinkle loose sesame seeds over the top of the meal. Top with diced green onions if desired.
FREEZER MEAL DIRECTIONS
- Once Sesame Orange Chicken safely cools divided into two 1-gallon freezer bags. Label bags and date bags and freezer for up to 3-months.
- To serve set from the freezer into the refrigerator the night before needed. Once defrosted place in microwave safe bowl and heat for several minutes until heated through. You will need to stir this dish and may possibly need a bit of chicken stock or even water during reheating.
- Serve over hot rice and sprinkle fresh sesame seeds onto the meal.