When you want to have the perfect appetizer to go with your favorite family meals, these Sweet Potato Biscuits are ideal. They have a slightly sweet taste but are also savory and filling. You can add your favorite butter to them and eat them warm or even dip them in some of your favorite meals with sauces.
- 2 sweet potato
- 1 cup milk divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into pats
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Prepare two baking sheet with parchment paper or use a baking stone.
- Scrub and prick the sweet potato with a fork several times. Wrap in a paper towel. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and cook in the microwave for 5 minutes. If not soft, heat again for 30 seconds. Allow the potato to cool enough to touch and then remove the skin. Mash the potato with a fork.
- Add 2/3 cup of the milk to the potato and stir well.
- In a food processor, pulse together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the sweet potato mixture and pulse just enough to combine.
- To the mixture, add the remaining milk a little at a time until all the flour is moistened and the mixture comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out the dough fold 2 or 3 times. Pat the dough out until ½ inch thick.
- Cut the dough with a 2 to 2 ½ inch round biscuit cutter. Combine scraps to make additional biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown.
Keywords: Sweet Potato Biscuits