FREEZER MEAL RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- This recipe yields up to five 9×13 pans full of cheesy Taco Bake!
- 4 lbs cooked ground beef
- 4 – 15 oz cans of corn
- 4 – 15 oz cans black beans
- 4 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion (you can omit the onion or add in other veggies such as zucchini, black olives, bell peppers, or squash)
- 10 cups cooked rice
- 6 lbs sour cream (Yes. That’s 6 lbs of sour cream. Walmart sells sour cream in 3 lb tubs which is 6 cups per tub. This equals a total of 12 cups of sour cream needed. It breaks down further to be around 1 cups of sour cream per layer in each of the four 9×13 pans.)
- 5 packs of hard taco shells (Variation: or 5 packs of soft tortillas)
- 5 lbs shredded cheese (Again, not a typo 🙂
- 2 packets of pre-made taco seasoning or 3tbs chili powder, 3tbs onion powder, 3tsb cumin.
FREEZER MEAL RECIPE DIRECTIONS
- **Taco Meat Mixture** Cook ground beef with onion or chosen additional veggies. Drain ground beef as necessary after fully cooked. Add premade taco seasoning or 3tbs chili powder, 3tbs onion powder, 3tsb cumin (or other favorite family spices) and mix within your cooked ground beef. Add canned corn, diced tomatoes, and black beans into your cooked ground beef as well. Lastly, add in 10 cups of cooked rice into your taco meat mixture.
- Line each 9×13 pan with crushed taco shells or tortilla chips (this is a great way to use up discount chips or stale taco shells). I lined each pan with extra black beans I had on hand. Then add a layer of the Taco Meat Mixture. Next, spread on a layer sour cream. After that sprinkle on a layer of shredded cheese, and next a layer of tortillas or broken shells. Repeat the layers until you near the top of your 9×13 baking pan. On baking day add a layer of fresh broken chips to top your Taco Bake!
Here’s all those layers again
- Broken taco shells and scattering of black bean on pan bottom
- Layer of taco meat mixture
- Layer of sour cream
- Layer of shredded cheese
- Layer of broken shells or tortillas
- And repeat again! I was able to repeat my layers three times in each pan. Yours may vary.
FREEZER MEAL STORAGE DIRECTIONS
- Allow your meals to cool completely before placing in the freezer.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with two layers of foil.
- Label the top of each pan with recipe name and date.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with a layer of plastic wrap.
- Set each pan to freeze in the freezer. Do not stack the pans on top of one another until each pan is individually frozen.
FREEZER COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Set the desired pans of Taco Bake out in the refrigerator the evening before you’d like to serve them.
- Preheat your oven to 400 (oven times may vary).
- Remove plastic wrap and one layer of foil.
- Place in preheated oven for 1 hour or until heated through and hot and bubbly.
- Feel free to add additional cheese on the day you serve this bake!