- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive or coconut cooking oil
- 2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 small onion, chopped
- 2 lime, zested and juiced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons garlic chili sauce
- 4 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro (plus additional for garnish)
- 1/2 cup peanut, coarsely chopped (for garnish)
In a large stock pot over medium-high heat, pour oil and swirl around the bottom to coat. Add the chicken and brown on each side. Cook in batches if needed to avoid crowding the pot. Remove chicken from pot and keep warm.
Add red bell pepper and onion to pot. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
Place the chicken back into the pot. To the chicken and vegetables, add the lime juice, lime zest, chicken broth, coconut milk (with solids), peanut butter, garlic chili sauce, and liquid aminos.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro.