Enjoy Twice Baked Potatoes for the freezer as a side dish for large family meals or even for a meal themselves!
- 40 lbs of baked potatoes
- 5 cups melted butter
- 5 cups milk
- 24 oz of cream cheese
- 5 cups of shredded cheese (for filling)
- 5 cups of additional shredded cheese to top potatoes
- Halve each baked potato
- scoop the center out of each potato (living a rim of solid potato still) and place into a large mixing bowl
- add in 5 cups of melted butter, 5 cups of milk, 24 oz of cream cheese, and 5 cups of shredded cheese into the large mixing bowl with the potato middles
- mix all above ingredients well with a hand mixer
- fill each potato shell with potato mixture
- top with a sprinkle of additional shredded cheese
- If eating same day bake on 375 degrees until hot and bubbly
- Further freezer meal directions below
FREEZER MEAL DIRECTIONS
- Place filled potatoes on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Put the pans in the freezer for up to two hours to flash freeze. You can see in my picture below how I layered my potatoes on large metal pans.
- After you flash freeze wrap each potato in plastic wrap and fill gallon size freezer bags. We filled at least 10-gallon size bags of Twice Baked Potatoes!
- Set out a bag from the freezer into the refrigerator to completely defrost.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Remove plastic wrap and place potatoes on a baking tray
- Let bake for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly