Hearty and delicious; perfect for the fall and winter!
- 5 lbs of ground beef, browned
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 large can light kidney beans
- 1 large can dark kidney beans
- 1 large can green beans
- 2 small cans beef broth
- 2 small cans corn
- 1 small can mixed veggies
- 1 small can Great Northern beans
- 1 small can sweet peas
- 1 small can black beans
- 4 large cans diced tomatoes
- 4 bags frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 4 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP parsley
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 Tsp ground thyme
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning (optional)
- 4 cups uncooked brown rice or undercooked noodles
- water- 1 gallon or more as needed
- Brown ground beef with chopped onions.
- In a large stockpot, (I use a 22-quart pot) dump all of your canned goods and frozen peas and carrots.
- Add rice. (If using noodles, add in closer to eating time.)
- Add in spices and stir.
- Add water.
- Add in the browned hamburger and onion.
- Cook on medium-low for several hours, stirring occasionally and adding water as needed.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of each bowl when serving.
- Serving Size: 48
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 2
- Sodium: 176
- Fat: 6
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 22
- Protein: 13
- Cholesterol: 29