Are you looking for a healthy yet tasty snack recipe that your family will love? This roasted garlic hummus is perfect for pita chips, crackers, pretzels, veggies, you name it.
- 1 head garlic
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained but liquid reserved
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove paper-like skin from outside of garlic bulb, leaving cloves attached.
- Cut ¼ inch from the top (stem side) of each garlic bulb, exposing the top of the cloves.
- Pour olive oil over the top of the cloves.
- Wrap each garlic head tightly in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until the cloves are tender.
- Cool slightly before separating cloves. Squeeze to remove garlic into the bowl of a food processor.
- Place all remaining ingredients, except liquid reserved from chickpeas, into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse to blend.
- Slowly add liquid from chickpeas into the food processor, 1 tablespoon at a time, pulsing until you reach the desired consistency.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- When ready to serve, drizzle with olive oil and/or top with fresh ground black pepper if desired. Serve with vegetable dippers, pita chips, or as a condiment for sandwiches.
Keywords: roasted garlic hummus