Large Family Freezer Meals: Easy Baked Spaghetti Recipe
Spaghetti is such a cost-effective meal for a large family like ours. I can adjust the amount of ground beef I use to match what I have available. I can use ground turkey instead. I can use canned spaghetti sauce, a combination of canned sauce and tomato sauce, canned whole tomatoes I whiz in the blender, or a combination of any of these.
Baking spaghetti takes this delicious meal to a whole new level. It’s less messy for the little kids to eat. No losing noodles off the fork. This baked spaghetti recipe tends to hold together a little bit better than traditional spaghetti. It’s also a one-pan meal and if you use disposable pans like me, there are no pots to wash. Amen.
You might be a bit surprised by how I top these pans of baked spaghetti so read on to find out!
Easy Baked Spaghetti RecipePrint
Large Family Freezer Meals: Easy Baked Spaghetti
Easier than traditional spaghetti and no pots to wash if you use disposable pans! I got 6 – 13 x 9 pans of spaghetti from this recipe.
4 lbs cooked spaghetti noodles
2 cups sour cream (Per pan)
3-4 cups cheese (Per pan)
Stir cooked noodles into sauce.
Put spaghetti into 13 x 9 pans.
Spoon sour cream over top of spaghetti.
Top with shredded cheese.
(You can also mix 2 eggs with ricotta cheese to top these with. I was out of ricotta and using sour cream in place of it is a little trick of mine. Use whatever you have or whatever is most cost-effective.)
Freeze and bake according to my directions below.
FREEZER MEAL STORAGE DIRECTIONS
- Allow your meals to cool completely before placing in the freezer.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with two layers of foil.
- Label the top of each pan with recipe name and date.
- Wrap each 9×13 pan with a layer of plastic wrap.
- Set each pan to freeze in the freezer. Do not stack the pans on top of one another until each pan is individually frozen.
FREEZER COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Set the desired pans of Easy Baked Spaghetti out in the refrigerator the evening before you’d like to serve them.
- Preheat your oven to 375 (oven times may vary).
- Remove plastic wrap and one layer of foil.
- Place in preheated oven for 1 hour or until heated through.