Freezer Meal Soup
On my most recent large family freezer meals prep day I was able to get two large stock posts of different freezer meal soup completed. One of the two pots I made was of this large family size Quinoa Tortellini Sausage Soup recipe. This freezer meal soup does not fail to please with the savory sausage goodness, various vegetables, and cheese tortellini treats.
I precooked the 4 pounds of pork sausage with 5 diced green onions, 4 cups of shredded carrots, and 2 minced garlic cloves. The kitchen smelled so good! Several of the kids had a bowl from the stove top before I could even get the freezer meal soup cooled and into the freezer for a later day. They know what’s good for them. 🙂
Quinoa Tortellini Sausage Soup | Freezer Meal Soup
Your family will love having this savory Quinoa Tortellini Sausage freezer meal soup in your stocked freezer! It’s perfect for a family meal or individual portions.
- 4 lbs cooked and crumbled Pork sausage (cooked with 5 diced green onions, 4 cups of shredded carrots, and 2 minced garlic cloves)
- Cheese tortellini (4 lbs)
- 2 cups dry (and cooked) Quinoa
- 128 oz Beef Broth
- 1 29-oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 102 oz can Green Beans
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 29-oz can of Tomato Sauce
- Cook 4 lbs of pork sausage with 5 diced green onions, 4 cups of shredded carrots, and 2 minced garlic cloves until fully cooked. Drain was fully cooked.
- Cook 2 cups dry Quinoa in a small pot per package directions.
- In a large stock pot combined tomato sauce, parmesan cheese, green beans, crushed tomatoes, and beef broth. Cook on medium heat, stirring gently as needed.
- Add in pork sausage and quinoa once those are fully cooked per above directions.
- Continue to cook the entire stock pot of soup for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring as needed.
- Add in up to 4 lbs of cheese tortellini. (I found mine in the freezer section at Walmart.)
- Cook entire stock pot another 7 to 10 minutes until tortellini are cooked through.
Freezer Meal Soup Directions
- Once soup is safely cooled scoop into freezer safe soup containers. Leave room for soup to expand during freezing.
- Store soup for up to 3-months in the freezer.
- For use just set out into the refrigerator the night before or morning before needed. Reheat the soup in the microwave or on the stove top when needed.
- Serve as a full meal or with green salad and sandwich!
Freezer Meal Soup Containers
This is my Amazon affiliate link for the freezer meal soup storage containers that I bought on Amazon. These are stated to be 64 oz containers, and I question this size claim in my recent large family freezer meals prep day vlog where I also make this freezer soup.
These freezer meal soup storage containers didn’t *look* like 64 oz to me (and we all know I use my “Jamerrill eyeballing cooking school” around here. I had to nerd out a bit and test the size of the containers. Each container held 6 cups of water to the tip top, versus the 8 cups it would have been able to hold if it was a true 64 oz container. So in my “Jamerrill criminal freezer storage bought from Amazon investigation” I conclude these are truly 48 oz containers.
I filled each container with 5 cups of this freezer meal soup recipe and left space for expansion. These containers did freeze and defrost well. I also plan on purchasing these 86 oz freezer storage containers in my next go-round for even more room.
Large Family Freezer Meal Recipes
Here are more large family freezer meal recipes and resources you might enjoy!
- Burrito Pie Freezer Meal Recipe | Freezer Meals for Large Families!
- BREAKFAST FREEZER MEAL RECIPES | Protein Sausage and Egg Cups!
- Must Have Large Family Freezer Meal Supplies
- Baked Beef Macaroni and Cheese Freezer Meal | Large Family Recipes
- Twice Baked Potatoes for the Freezer – Freezer Meals Recipes for Large Families!
- BIG Freezer Meals Prep Day for LOTS of Large Family Freezer Cooking!
- English Muffin Pepperoni Pizzas for the Freezer | Large Family Freezer Meals
- Double Layer Chicken Parmesan Bake | Freezer Meals for Large Families!
- FREEZER MEALS FOR DAYZZZZZ! Bulk Cooking for a Large Family
This freezer meal soup recipe was featured in 8-Hour Large Family Freezer Meals Prep Day | Freezer Soups, Bulk Cooking Meat, Meatloaf Minis +