On my last big freezer cooking day, I made 120 of this breakfast freezer meal recipe for protein sausage and egg cups. These are perfect to have a stash of in the freezer for when you know your family has a busy day coming and you may not be able to spend a morning tending to dishing out a hearty breakfast.
Just set a stack of these sausage and egg cups out the night before. In the morning quickly reheat in the microwave and serve the family with a piece of fruit or cottage cheese. Then you can dash into your busy day with your bodies charged and ready to go full steam ahead!
BREAKFAST FREEZER MEAL RECIPES | Protein Sausage and Egg Cups!
These Protein Sausage and Egg Cups are perfect for large family breakfasts! I like to set a frozen bag out into the refrigerator the night before we have a big field trip or another outside event. This way I know the children (and momma!) will have a healthy protein packed breakfast that will fuel our bodies for our big day.
- 120 eggs ( 10 dozen)
- 8 cups of milk
- 2 1/2 lbs of sliced mild Italian sausage or whichever precooked meat you choose
- 8 cups shredded cheese
- salt/pepper to taste
- In super mega large mixing bowl (I use my 30 qt mixing bowl) mix all of the above ingredients adding shredded cheese last.
- Use silicone or paper muffin tin liners.
- Fill cups 3/4 of the way full and place in preheated oven at 350 degrees. Bake up to 20 minutes.
FREEZER MEAL DIRECTIONS
- Once cooled place protein cups in desired size freezer bags.
- Place in freezer for up to 3 months.
- When you need these quick and easy protein cups in your life 🙂 place desired amount of frozen bags into the refrigerator the night before.
- To heat up, set protein cups on plate and microwave for 45 seconds to one minute.
On my last freezer cooking day, I packed most of our sausage and egg protein cups in small baggies of 4 each. You can pack yours any way you’d like based on the baggies and freezer cooking supplies you have available on your cooking day
Here are more large family freezer meals!