When it’s time for breakfast, my kids usually reach for oatmeal, cereal, or eggs, but sometimes it’s nice to have something different. This Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole is perfect for any large family. It has everything you need to make a good breakfast.
*Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
Say goodbye to standing over a stove for hours while you make everyone pancakes and French toast for breakfast. Instead, you can make this Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole. Not only does it feed everyone for breakfast, but it will make tons of leftovers. This meal will be great at any time of the day.
Ingredients for Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
When you go to make a casserole, you may be wondering what ingredients are needed. The good thing is that NOT MANY are needed for this scrumptious meal. If you’re like me and stockpile a lot of random ingredients in your fridge, you will be good to go.
- Cooked and cubbed ham– Even if you’re not a huge fan of ham, you will love it in this casserole. There is something yummy about ham in a casserole! Try using leftover ham from our easy Instant Pot Ham Recipe.
- Shredded cheddar cheese – Oh man, if you love cheese, then you are going to love this dish. It calls for shredded cheese and that’s my favorite.
- Eggs – The next time you go to the store, make sure you stock up on eggs because this casserole calls for quite a bit of them.
- Tater tots – One of my favorite parts of this meal is the tater tots. This ingredient makes the whole meal yummy!
Now that you know some of the ingredients, you will be super happy to know you can make this in a short amount of time. You can see the recipe card for a complete list of ingredients and instructions.
How to Freeze a Tater Tot Casserole
If you know anything about casseroles, then you know how easy it is to freeze them. I always make a double batch of casseroles. It’s so much easier to pull out when I don’t feel like cooking. Plus, if I want to take a meal over to another mom, I have something ready already. Simply put the casserole in an aluminum pan. I like to double seal the pan so that I don’t have to worry about freezer burn. You can double seal it with saran wrap.
What Can I Serve With a Casserole?
The beauty of a casserole is that there is already so much there, you don’t normally have to make sides. However, you can serve tater tot casserole with tons of yummy stuff! If you like toast, pancakes, eggs – you can use all of those adds sides. Sometimes I even like serving bacon. However, most people just want to offer something to drink. Serve coffee, orange juice, milk, chocolate milk, and apple juice!
This casserole makes an excellent breakfast for dinner option too. The next time you aren’t sure of what to make for dinner, whip this yummy meal up! The whole family is going to love it.
More Breakfast Recipes your Family will Enjoy
- Healthy Spinach and Ham Breakfast Casserole
- Denver Omelet Casserole
- Sausage, Egg, & Cheese Breakfast Burritos
- Carrot Cake Breakfast Cookies
- Steak, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast Tater Tot CasserolePrint
When you don’t know what to cook for breakfast, this Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole will hit the sport. What a great way to feed your family and keep them full.
4 pounds cooked and cubed ham
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
2 bags frozen tater tots
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two (9×13) casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Divide the ham between the two casserole dishes, creating an even but NOT packed layer.
Top the ham with a layer of the cheeses.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings. Pour over the ham and cheeses.
Finish the casseroles with an even layer of tater tots.
Bake for 60 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.
Keywords: Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Making breakfast for your large family is easy using casseroles like these! I also like to make them ahead of time and freeze them. It’s also a time saver to make them the night before. Then they are ready to go in the morning. Enjoy this delicious casserole!
5-Day Freezer Cooking Challenge with Jamerrill!
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along!