If you are in the mood for something delicious, then perhaps this Apple French Toast Casserole is what you need to make. Any large family table would love this meal for breakfast because it’s a French toast theme and is also a casserole! Moms and dads love this meal because it’s so easy to make and those bellies get full!
*Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Why Make Apple French Toast Casserole?
You may be wondering why you should make this dish. Well, when it comes to a casserole, you may want to switch up your options now and again. Of course, casseroles can be a hit with the family or they can turn out to not be a favorite. When I first fed this to my kids, they were SO excited and it has been asked for again and again!
Ingredients for This Casserole
Are you curious about which ingredients go in the casserole? It’s time to start gathering all of the ingredients to make this dish. This casserole uses simple every day ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- I bet you can’t wait to use up those loaves of day-old bread. Finally, you have something to do with the bread. Don’t forget to cube it. Of course, you can also make your own yeast or no yeast bread, too!
- I use a lot of eggs in my recipes, as you can see. This casserole calls for ten eggs! I try and buy eggs when they are on sale for this very reason.
- This recipe also calls for cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla which are the best ingredients for making french toast.
- Don’t forget about the apples you will need for this recipe. They really make this casserole so yummy!
As you can see, there are lots of yummy ingredients in this recipe. The full list of ingredients and step-by-step directions can be found in the recipe card.
How to Store French Toast Casserole
Once you’ve made this Apple French Toast Casserole, you don’t want it to go to waste. Choose a container that is airtight to store this casserole in the fridge. You can keep it in the refrigerator for 3-5 days before it goes bad. If you choose to freeze it, double wrap it in Saran Wrap or foil, to keep it as fresh as possible. You can freeze this casserole for up to two months.
What to Serve with This Casserole?
In my family, casseroles are designed to keep everyone full. However, it never hurts to make a protein as a side with a casserole. You can make bacon, sausage, or turkey.
If you need a drink side to go with it, then go with coffee, hot chocolate, milk, orange juice, apple juice, or even water.
I feel as though this French toast casserole serves as both a dessert and a breakfast. Once you make this for your family, it will be requested that you make it again. There is only one thing left to do and that’s to enjoy it. What’s your favorite part of this recipe? Leave a comment below.
Here are more breakfast ideas your family will enjoy!
- Breakfast Tater Tot Casserole
- Ham and Spinach Breakfast Casserole
- Egg & Potato Breakfast Bowl Bake
- Homemade Pear Pecan Muffins
- Homemade Pumpkin Banana Muffins
Apple French Toast CasserolePrint
This Apple French Toast Casserole is delicious on so many levels. Your large family table will love this casserole for breakfast.
2 loaves day old bread, cubed
1 ½ cups milk
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
6 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
Prepare two (9×13) casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Divide the bread and apples between the two casserole dishes. Toss together.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Pour evenly over the casseroles.
Cover and refrigerate to allow the bread to soak for at least an hour or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Uncover and bake for 60 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.
Keywords: Apple French Toast Casserole
This is a great casserole to make ahead, or even the night before when your preparing dinner. Then it’s ready to go in the morning. Nothing beats a hot syrupy breakfast!
5-Day Freezer Cooking Challenge with Jamerrill!
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along.