Need a yummy, hot meal that is sure to fill up your family? This slow cooker baked ziti is filling and easy to prepare!
- 3 lbs cooked and drained ground beef (or ground sausage)
- 1 onion chopped (or 1 Tbsp minced onion)
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, ricotta cheese, or cottage cheese
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
- 56 ounces diced tomatoes
- 6 cups water or broth
- 3 16 ounce boxes of dried ziti noodles
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- Precook meat with onions and garlic
- Add meat, remaining spices, sauce, broth, ricotta cheese, and tomatoes to slow cooker
- Cook on low 7- 8 hours on on high for 3-4
- Final 30 minutes, make sure slow cooker is on high then add the dried ziti noodles and stir.
- Put lid on and let noodles cook for 20-30 minutes. Check for doneness at 30 minute mark.
- Once done, cover with 4 cups cheese. Wait 2-3 minutes for it to melt.
You can use ground beef, ground sausage, ground turkey or whatever you have on hand.
Keywords: slow cooker baked ziti