The humble Crockpot is most definitely one of this busy mama’s favorite kitchen tools because it helps save two of our most limited resources – time and money. I’m always looking for recipes for cheap Crockpot meals to add to our menu each week since I use my favorite Crockpots quite often.
Cheap Crockpot Meals
One thing I love about making cheap Crockpot meals is that you can just dump & go. I do adore the Instant Pot, but the Crockpot is my go-to when we have to be out & about or I just want to prep in the morning and have dinner ready to go when it’s time.
I hope you enjoy this giant list of cheap Crockpot meals that will all make for some delicious and filling dinners for any large family!
Most of these cheap slow cooker meals will be just the right size for a big family, but note if it’s not linking to my large family recipes, you might want to double up on some of them. This should work out just fine by doubling each ingredient. (But be sure to keep the size of your Crockpot in mind!)
What things can you cook in a slow cooker?
The possibilities are endless with a slow cooker! Any type of meat that doesn’t need to be browned or sauteed first is a prime candidate.
here are so many options for cheap crockpot recipes that you could probably feed your family for a whole year using the crock pot without ever repeating a recipe!
My favorite meals to cook in the slow cooker are Crockpot freezer meals! It’s so easy to match a meat protein with healthy veggies as I did with these 20 Healthy Freezer Meals (most are for the Crockpot with Instant Pot directions, too!).
Is it cheaper to cook with a slow cooker?
It is cheaper to cook with a slow cooker. By what I mentioned earlier, you save time and money when you cook with your Crockpot. You save money by not eating out and coming home to a homecooked dinner.
You save time by getting dinner going in the morning or by lunchtime. And do you know how much SANITY that saves in the process!!!
You don’t have to do a big meal prep during the late afternoon “witching hour” while the kids are melting down. Many times in the late afternoons instead of working on dinner,
I read to my kids are an extra hour during our homeschool read aloud time because I know dinner is done!
Chicken Crockpot Meals
Chicken is always a great choice of meat for cheap Crock Pot meals. You can usually get it at a nice price and it goes a long way in recipes. In addition, it makes for an excellent protein.
I have found some of the cheapest chicken prices ever by shopping at ALDI when they have their chicken deals. I can usually snag boneless/skinless chicken breasts for $1.49/lb when the ALDI chicken deal cycles through!
- Garlic Lemon Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- Rosemary Garlic Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
- Spicy Chicken Legs
- Simple Slow Cooker Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie
- Pulled Chicken BBQ in the Slow Cooker
- Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
- Bacon Parmesan Garlic Chicken and Red Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
- Peppered Lemon Chicken
- Lime Cilantro Chicken
- Coconut Lime Chicken
- Slow Cooker Italian Chicken
Is it safe to cook raw chicken in a slow cooker?
Yes, you can most definitely cook raw chicken in the slow cooker. J
- Sesame Orange Chicken
- Chicken Cauliflower Curry
- Greek Chicken
- Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
- White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls
- Chicken Taquito in the Crock Pot
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken & Dumplings
- Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Chicken
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Italian Cream Cheese Crockpot Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice
- Honey Mustard Chicken
- Slow Cooker Sun Dried Tomato Creamy Chicken
- Slow Cooker Angel Chicken
Beef Crockpot Meals
You can make all kinds of yummy cheap crockpot meals with beef. For instance, stew meat and roasts are perfect for dump & go. And if you have ground beef already cooked in the freezer, that’s perfect for throwing into the pot for Sloppy Joes, Taco Soup, & more!
- Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- Slow Cooker Taco Meat
- Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak
- Broccoli Beef Slow Cooker Recipe
- Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Cowboy Casserole
- Slow Cooker Homemade Sloppy Joes
- Steak Roast and Brown Rice in the Slow Cooker
- Homemade Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce
- Slow Cooker Meatloaf
- Crockpot Cabbage Soup
- Taco Soup in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Beef & Potato Au Gratin
- Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Reuben Sliders
Can you put raw ground beef in a slow cooker?
Depending on the recipe, I do put raw ground beef in the slow cooker for many crockpot meals. Here’s what you need to know: by cooking raw ground beef in the slow cooker you will be dealing with grease.
If possible and within your family grocery budget it’s best to use the leanest ground beef available. The leaner the ground beef you choose the less grease you have to deal with, and that’s always nice :).
I also bulk cook ground beef in my crockpots and large roaster oven to meal prep ahead for my large family freezer cooking days.
- Keto Red Pepper Meatballs over Cauliflower Rice
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Italian Peppered Beef Roast in the Slow Cooker
- Large Family Beef Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Beef & Barley Stew
- Easy Crockpot Goulash
- Slow Cooker Korean Beef
- Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa
- Beef Tips & Gravy Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot Pepper Steak
- Slow Cooker Taco Lasagna
- Crockpot Meatball Sub Casserole
- Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Spaghetti Bolognese in the Crock Pot
- Italian Beef in the Slow Cooker
What is a dump dinner?
What is a dump dinner? Oh, you are reading the best full list of them, my friend. A Dump Dinner can be made in two ways. 1.) Meal Prep all the dump dinner ingredients in advance and freeze for later as I did here with these 50 Keto/Low Carb/THM Crockpot Freezer Meals.
Or, 2.) if you don’t have the dump dinners already made ahead as freezer meals you can just dump all the same raw ingredients in your Crockpot the morning you want to make the meal! Dump the ingredients fresh and enjoy at dinnertime!
Pork Crockpot Meals
Slow is the best way to cook pork. As a result, you’ll find that cooking it slowly will make any cut of pork so juicy & tender. Here are several cheap crockpot meals using pork that will fill your whole family.
- Creamy Ranch Pork Chops Freezer Slow Cooker Meal
- Slow Cooker Pork Ragu over Fettuccine
- Zesty Italian Pork Roast in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Pork Belly Recipe
- Slow Cooker Honey Pork Chops and Apples
- Crockpot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham
- Slow Cooker Kalua Pork
- Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork
- Dr. Pepper Pork
- Sweet & Spicy Brown Sugar Pork
- Peach Pork BBQ Sliders
- Easy Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Cuban Sandwiches in the Slow Cooker
- Crock Pot Pork Ramen Bowls
- Slow Cooker Pork & Sauerkraut
- Green Chili Pork Posole in the slow cooker
- Slow Cooker Bacon Garlic Pork Loin
- Crock Pot Pork & Cider Stew
- Crockpot Smoked Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
- Slow Cooker Ham & White Beans
Easy Crockpot Meals & Sides
Multiple crockpots are definitely a must around here for feeding this large family. I love how you can throw a cheap slow cooker meal in one with a side in the other. OR, you can use one for breakfast and have one for dinner!
Here are many of my favorite easy Crockpot meals and sides for large families!
- Easy Overnight Slow Cooker Oatmeal
- Homemade Yogurt in the Slow Cooker
- Southern Slow Cooker Green Beans
- Southern Style Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- Low Carb Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Low Carb Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
- Slow Cooker Corn on the Cob
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Crockpot Potato Corn Chowder
- Simple Hashbrown Casserole
- Crock Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
- Sweet Glazed Carrots in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
- Parmesan Crockpot Sweet Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Vegetable Casserole
- Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts
I hope you how found lots of great cheap Crockpot meals in today’s post! Here is an additional list of 25 Slow Cooker Meals for Large Families with more of my favorites.
As always don’t forget to sign up and get my free Large Family Food Collection that has free meal planners, dinner cookbook, grocery lists, and boy – so much more!
What are YOUR favorite CHEAP Crockpot meals?! Leave your favorites In the comments below. I’d love to hear from you!