Sometimes you need a side dish that is quick yet healthy. Not dripping with sauce or hundred steps to prepare. A dish that lets the taste of the vegetables shine like the star they are! This healthy squash, zucchini, and tomato bake recipe fits the bill perfectly. It’s also great to bring to a potluck or any gathering!
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
First, wash and dry your vegetables. Nobody wants to find a beetle or hornworm in their meal. It would make for a great family story! Slice all the vegetables into even slices. Lay flat on some paper towels or a large cutting board.
What is the difference between zucchini and yellow squash?
Well, one is green and one is yellow. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. Zucchini is straight while yellow squash has a rounded bottom and tapered neck. Yellow squash generally has more seeds as well. Both are considered summer squash though.
Now that we know the difference, let’s get back to cooking them. Mix your dried herbs together. Sprinkle evenly over the top of all the vegetables. Stack them up in the pan alternating zucchini, yellow squash, and tomato making 3 to 4 rows. After you have them all in , pour olive oil over the top and add the parmesan cheese. Don’t have any bagged parmesan cheese? Use the “shakey cheese” or the one generally used for pasta.Print
Looking for a healthy side dish that doesn’t take forever to make? This healthy squash, zucchini, tomato bake is perfect!
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced evenly
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced evenly
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced evenly
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a square baking dish with non stick cooking spray.
- Lay sliced vegetables on a flat surface. Mix dry seasonings together and sprinkle evenly on vegetables.
- Stack vegetables, alternating zucchini, yellow squash, and tomato and place in baking dish making 3 to 4 rows.
- Pour olive oil evenly over rows of vegetables then top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 3o to 45 minutes depending on desired tenderness.
Keywords: zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes
After letting it bake for 30- 45 minutes depending on how tender you want the vegetables, pull it out of the oven. Serve while hot by scooping it out by pattern. Make sure everyone gets one of each vegetable. Healthy squash, zucchini, and tomato bake pairs well any meat. You can’t go wrong with this dish.
5-Day Freezer Cooking Challenge with Jamerrill!
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along!