Want to prepare the perfect side to go with some of your favorite meats? Try these Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes. They are easy to make and loaded with flavor, making them the perfect side dish for all kinds of meals. I use my 8 qt Slow Cooker or 10 qt Slow Cooker when preparing these Slow Cooker Smashed Red Potatoes (see my favorite large family cooking tools here) .
Red potatoes are easy to work with and will become one of your favorite types of potatoes to make as soon as you give these a try. You’ll love the flavor that comes from them. Try making these Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes. You’ll be asked to make them for different family events once you start making them. Try making them with our Slow Cooker Turkey Breast or our Instant Pot Ham or our Garlicky Green Beans and Tomatoes. You can have these potatoes with just about anything.
Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
What makes this recipe even better is that you can make the potatoes with the least effort. The slow cooker does so much of the work to prepare these delicious potatoes. If you want to eat a home-cooked meal, but you do not have a lot of time to make meals from scratch, I promise this is the perfect side dish for you because you can make these potatoes in no time.
Ingredients Needed to Make Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
Make the potatoes with a handful of essential ingredients, such as:
- Small Red Potatoes. The little red potatoes are the star of this recipe. When seasoned to perfection and mixed with the right ingredients, these potatoes are full of flavor.
- Minced Garlic. You need the minced garlic for this recipe to give your smashed red potatoes much more flavor.
- Cream Cheese. The cream cheese offers a smooth texture to the mashed potatoes, making them as savory as possible.
- Chives. The chives are worth adding to the potatoes for additional flavor. Chives go well with the minced garlic and cream cheese.
If you have these ingredients, you can make your Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes when you are ready to do so. You will also need some salt, water, milk, and olive oil. Mixing these ingredients will allow you to make the most delicious side dish ever!
How to Store Your Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Potatoes
Sometimes, we have leftovers. I like to put my leftover Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes in a microwave-safe food container with a lid. The great thing about using a microwave-safe container is that I can pop the container in the microwave and reheat the tasty potatoes for lunch the next day. It is that simple, and the potatoes still taste just as good as they did when I first made them. Always put your potatoes in the fridge when storing them to eat another day.
Make Garlic Smashed Potatoes Ahead
If you want to make a large batch of these potatoes ahead of time for a family gathering, store them in the fridge for up to three days. Warm them as needed in the microwave and you are good to go!
Do you have more slow cooker recipes?
Need some recipes to go with your Garlic Smashed Potatoes? Slow cooker meals are so easy. Most of them are dump-and-go recipes that you spend ten minutes preparing and a few hours later dinners ready. Yay for convenience! You’ll find lots more easy slow cooker meals in my Large Family Slow Cooker Dinners and Meal Plans Vol 1, 2, 3 Bundle. It includes 60 meals and 12 weeks of meal plans!
Here are more recipes your family will enjoy!
- Lemon Herb Turkey Breast
- Large Family Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake
- Hawaiian Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Cheeseburger Casserole
- Chicken, broccoli, and rice casserole
Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red PotatoesPrint
Want to prepare the perfect side to go with some of your favorite meats? Try these Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes. They are easy to make and loaded with flavor, making them the perfect side dish for all kinds of meals. I make these Large Family Slow Cooker Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes in an 8 qt or 10 qt slow cooker.
- 10 pounds small red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into equal chunks if needed
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup (12 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped chives
- Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- Inside the slow cooker liner, place the potatoes. Pour oil over the potatoes.
- Then, add the garlic, oil, salt, and water. Toss the potatoes to coat evenly.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- When the potatoes are cooked through, beat the potatoes inside the slow cooker liner using a handheld electric mixer.
- Stir the cream cheese into the potatoes. Then, add the milk a little at a time until you like the consistency.
- Stir in the chives, sprinkling some over the top, and serve.
Keywords: Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
These Garlic Smashed Potatoes are a fantastic side for any meal or a great dish to bring to a pot luck or family meal. They have great flavor and are so easy to cook up!
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.