After baking a turkey with all the trimmings for a holiday dinner, you may have plenty of leftovers. Prepare this Large Family Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake to prepare your leftover food creatively and deliciously. This Large Family Turkey and Gravy Casserole also makes great freezer meals for later!
Do you end up with lots of turkey leftovers after preparing a big meal for your large family? You want to make a big turkey because you need to have enough of it for everyone in the household, but that might mean having turkey leftovers for days.
Instead of just reheating it and eating it plain without anything added to it, you can get creative by preparing the Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake. You can make an entirely new meal using the turkey, along with some other great ingredients that taste good with this lean meat. Try using turkey from our Slow Cooker Turkey Breast to make this meal. You might also try making our Leftover Turkey noodle soup or our Leftover turkey tetrazzini.
Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake
The casserole bake is such an easy dish to make. Not only is it easy and a great way to use leftovers when you have them in the fridge, but it is also the perfect way to get your children to eat both vegetables and leftovers. If you often have a difficult time getting everyone to eat leftovers, getting creative with them by preparing the Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake is the perfect solution.
What to Add to Your Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake
If you would like to make the Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake, have these ingredients ready to use:
- Prepared Stuffing. Add the prepared stuffing to this casserole bake to make it such a wholesome and filling comfort food.
- Cubed or Shredded Turkey. Shred your turkey or chop it down into cubed pieces.
- Cranberry Sauce. Give your savory dish a slight touch of sweetness by adding cranberry sauce to it.
- Cheesy Potatoes. The cheesy potatoes taste great with the turkey, stuffing, and even the cranberry sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese. Add plenty of shredded cheddar cheese to the casserole to give it a cheesier taste.
- Gravy. The gravy adds more flavor and keeps the casserole from becoming too dry.
- Vegetables. Use a bag of mixed vegetables when preparing this casserole bake. You can choose the mixed vegetables that you like most, such as peas with corn and carrots.
With these types of ingredients, you can make a large Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake for your large family to eat and enjoy.
MAKE-AHEAD HOLIDAY MEGA MEALS TO FEED A CROWD!
Use coupon code HELLO20 take 20% off your first order to get this NEW MAKE-AHEAD HOLIDAY MEGA MEALS TO FEED A CROWD! product including several more Holiday recipes, plus several detailed grocery list options to help you make in happen!
Storage & Freezing Tips For Leftover Casserole Bake
Store the casserole bake in its original casserole dish. Put a sheet of foil on top of the casserole, place your lid on top, and put it in the fridge to keep it fresh for up to three days.
If you would rather freeze the casserole dish to save for later, you would cover the casserole dish the same way you would if you were putting it in the refrigerator, but you would put it in the freezer to keep it fresh for six months. Thaw your casserole for several hours in the fridge before putting it in the oven to bake.
Try these make-ahead freezable casseroles!
- Make-ahead freezer friendly Stuffing
- Freezer Friendly Make-ahead Cheesy Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole from scratch | freezable and Make-ahead
- Make-ahead Gravy
- Freezer-Friendly Make-Ahead Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole
Large Family Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole BakePrint
After baking a turkey with all the trimmings for a holiday dinner, you may have plenty of leftovers. Prepare this Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake to prepare your leftover food creatively and deliciously. This Large Family Turkey and Gravy Casserole also makes great freezer meals for later!
- 4 cups prepared stuffing
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cubed or shredded
- 1 can (about 2 cups) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 bag (16 ounces) mixed vegetables, cooked
- 4 cups cheesy potatoes
- 3 cups gravy
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare two 9×13 casserole dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix the turkey and cranberry sauce together.
Layer the casseroles in this order: cheesy potatoes, turkey and cranberry sauce, mixed vegetables, gravy, and cheese.
Sprinkle the stuffing over the top.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the edges bubble and the dressing has crispy edges.
Prepare the casserole as directed.
Prior to baking, wrap tightly in aluminum foil and freeze up to 6 months.
To bake, thaw in the refrigerator.
Bake according to directions.
Keywords: Large Family Turkey and Gravy Leftovers Casserole Bake Freezer Meals
This recipe really stretches your food and your food budget by using leftovers and making meals ahead and freezing them. Food will no longer be wasted, and your freezer and will be full. Yay!
FREE Emergency Pantry Planning Pack!
Don’t forget to sign up for the emergency pantry planning pack for free to help you plan your pantry meals! The free Emergency Pantry Planning Pack will help you plan your needed pantry items! Printable pages include pantry inventory, grocery lists, meal planners, list of pantry staple items, and more.