There are so many things you can do with leftover turkey. The possibilities are endless. The criteria to make it into my meal rotation is that it has to feed a large family as well as be freezer friendly. If you follow my antics on Youtube, this is not a shocker. Leftover turkey tetrazzini is the perfect recipe for both. Be forewarned that you will want a nap afterwards. A nap is always a good idea anytime!
**Use special promo code HELLO20 to take 20% off your first order in the shop including the SUPER MEGA ULTIMATE Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle here!**
Can I freeze leftover turkey?
Roasted turkey is a breeze to freeze. Remove it from the bone and divvy it up into freezer bags just like you would do if you cooked a whole chicken in the Instant Pot for later use. Any shredded chicken recipe would work with turkey too in case you were wondering, like my all time favorite Egg Roll In A Bowl!
This recipe comes together in a jiffy. Heat up your Dutch Oven or pull out your funky old pan. Throw in a couple tablespoons of butter then add in your chopped onion and frozen vegetables. While those are hanging out and softening, boil some water in another pan to get the noodles cooked and drained. Large family mamas can multitask with the best! Yes and amen.
Pull out your large mixing bowl, combine leftover turkey, cooked noodles, softened vegetables, sour cream, cream cheese, and 4 cups of shredded cheese. Mix it all together. I like to use my hands to accomplish this task. It really works the best to get it combined easily. Just roll up those sleeves and get to mixing.
Divide the mixture up between two 9×13 baking pans. Top with remaining cheese. Should you want to eat it immediately, bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is all hot and bubbly. If you want to freeze, then you know the drill, wrap twice with aluminum foil then twice with plastic wrap. It should last in the freezer for up to 3 months.Print
Want a hearty pasta casserole to use up that leftover turkey? Bonus that it’s freezer friendly too!
- Two pounds of your favorite noodles (I used thin spaghetti)
- Two cups sour cream
- One 8-oz block cream cheese
- Four cups shredded cheese (for mixture)
- Four cups shredded cheese (two cups each topping for each bake)
- Leftover turkey (stretch what you have available)
- One onion, chopped
- Several celery stalks, chopped
- One 32-oz bag of frozen peas, carrots, corn
- Salt/Pepper per preference
- Two tbsp real butter (to cook onion, celery, and frozen veggies)
- In Dutch Oven or large pan cook 1 chopped onion, celery, and frozen veggies with 2 tbsp butter until tender.
- Boil and drain noodles per package directions.
- In mixing bowl combined shredded leftover turkey, fully cooked and tender onion, celery, and veggies, cream cheese, 2 cups sour cream, 4 cups shredded cheese, and mix completely. I use my hands for this step.
- Fill two 9×13 baking pans with leftover turkey recipe mixture.
- Top each bake with two cups of shredded cheese each.
- To bake immediately place in oven at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Freezer Meal Directions — to use this Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini as a freezer meal wrap each 9×13 pan in two layers of foil (don’t forget to label/date your foil) and two layers of plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3-months. To cook your freezer meal just set out from freezer into refrigerator the day before you need it and defrost. On cooking day remove the plastic wrap and foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Casserole freezer meals need to reach an internal temp of 160 degrees.
Leftover turkey need not be a thorn in your side. You can make all kinds of freezer meals or throw it chopped up in the freezer for use in anything that calls for cooked chicken like my all time favorite recipe, Egg roll in a bowl. What is your favorite thing to do with leftover turkey?
- FREE Freezer Cooking Quick Start Guide 17-page PDF with grocery list, recipes, full freezer cooking plan, cheat sheets, More!
- I WILL HELP YOU fill your freezer with 10+ freezer meals including breakfast, lunches, & dinners!
- Any family size or dietary needs can easily accommodate and follow along!