Have you been enjoying the same boring items on your menu for weeks? It’s time to switch it up with this Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole recipe because it’s so delicious. When it comes to large family recipes, it really doesn’t get any more delicious than this. Your whole family is about to love your cooking even more because this recipe is awesome.
Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole was not something I’ve had before I started making it. I began to wonder what a low carb version of one of my favorite dishes would be like. So, I started constructing this low carb casserole and this delicious concoction was born.
Ingredients for Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole
Now comes the good part, figuring out what’s inside of this casserole. I love feeding my family casseroles, which is why I’ve decided to put this casserole together. However, a casserole is nothing without these fabulous ingredients.
- Ground chuck – this is simply steak, also known as chuck steak. This is a great alternative when you’re looking for a protein for your meals.
- Diced onion – ah, this is what gives the casserole so much flavor. Onion also has a lot of health benefits, so add as much as you want to this recipe.
- Green bell peppers – another favorite of mine is green bell peppers. This veggie also adds lots of flavor to this dish. You could say it’s the star of the show.
- Crushed tomatoes – you probably already have a can of crushed tomatoes in your cupboard. Use this can to help complete this dish!
- Worcestershire sauce – although this word is hard to pronounce, it can be delicious in any meal you add it to!
- Mozzarella cheese – I’m not going to lie, this is my favorite cheese ever. Adding it to this unstuffed bell pepper casserole truly helps complete it.
There you have it, the easiest meal ever that you can make right in your own kitchen. And I don’t know about you, but I love all of these ingredients and can’t wait to make this delicious meal again soon. This is a great meal for a large family.
How to Make This Casserole
Now that you know the basic ingredients for making this Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole you may be wondering how to make it. I’ll walk you through these very simple steps!
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a deep 9×13 casserole dish, two regular 9×13 casserole dishes, or one 11×18 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: In a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, add olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the ground beef, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until the onion is slightly softened.
Step 3: Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and add the cauliflower.
Step 4: Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
Step 5: Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges bubble and the cheese begins to brown slightly at the edges.
Is this Meal Freezable?
Let’s talk about freezing casseroles for a minute. These casseroles for large families are so perfect for freezing. You can find 75+ Casseroles that Freeze Well here! In order to freeze this Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole, you just need a freezable container. Since this is an unstuffed casserole, you could literally put it in any container that is airtight.
If you decide to try this amazing dish for your large family table, let me know what you think. It’s a fun meal to make and plates always get cleaned around here when I make it.
MORE LOW CARB RECIPES YOU WILL ENJOY
- Large Family Low Carb Instant Pot Steak Fajita Bowls – yum!
- Keto Thin Mint Cookies – low carb, sugar free, and freezer friendly.
- Low Carb Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- How to Make Hardboiled Eggs in the Instant Pot
- Low Carb Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom Gravy
You can’t go wrong making this Low Carb Unstuffed Bell Pepper Casserole for your big family. The taste is so amazing! This recipe makes two 9×13 casserole dishes. You can make one for now, and one for later.
- 2 to 3 pounds ground chuck, browned and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 to 3 green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato paste
- ¼ cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a deep 9×13 casserole dish, two regular 9×13 casserole dishes, or one 11×18 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large stock pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat, add olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add the ground beef, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until the onion is slightly softened.
Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil and add the cauliflower.
Transfer to the prepared casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges bubble and the cheese begins to brown slightly at the edges.
You also don’t want to miss these 100+ Large Family Meal Ideas with tons of recipes to feed a crowd!
Use coupon code HELLO20 to take 20% OFF the best-selling Large Family Freezer Meals Bundle Collection!